Speaker: Mauro Servienti
Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on SOA development.
Join for a deep dive covering architectural topics like:
- UI composition/decomposition
- Data ownership across the enterprise
You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Fault tolerance
- HTTP and queues
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
Finally, get some hands-on experience in SOA development by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll understand service-oriented architecture concepts, such as service boundaries and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, e-commerce shopping cart sample with a microservices architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
- Understand SOA
- Understand how to find service boundaries
- Differences between coupling and cohesion
- Understand messaging patterns
- Understand what long running business processes are and how to implement them
- How to design systems with failure in mind
- Message bus
- Scale-out and fault tolerance
Architects, Dev leads.
Lecture + demos.